Furlan Auditorium Production
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM
Note: You must wear a mask when inside Sunset Playhouse
Tickets for THIS production will be on sale starting September 1, 2020. Tickets may be purchased in person at the box office window, by phone at 262-782-4430 or by email. Online sales are NOT available due to COVID-19. Thanks
Evenings at 7:30 PM, Saturday Matinee (October 31, 2020) at 3 PM, Sunday Matinees at 2 PM
Adults – $26.00
Seniors – $24.00
Child – $13.00 (12 and under)
Value Nights (October 15 & 21, 2020) – $13.00
$1 per ticket fee for phone order
Tickets may be purchased at Box Office window until showtime.
If you are ill on the night for which you hold tickets, please DO NOT ATTEND the performance. Call the box office to exchange for a different performance or a different production.
On a Midsummer’s night, four young lovers find themselves wrapped in the dream-like arms of an enchanted forest where sprites lurk and fairies rule. While a feuding Fairy King and Queen are at war, their paths are crossed by Bottom, Quince and their friends presenting a play within a play. Chief mischief-maker Puck is on-hand to ensure that the course of true love is anything but smooth, and games of fantasy, love and dream ensue.
A Sunset Premier – Shakespeare’s most beguiling comedy!
Directed by Karl Miller
General Guidelines for Sunset Playhouse 2020-21 Season Subscribers/Patrons
- Patrons, volunteers, and staff MUST provide and wear face masks when inside Sunset Playhouse.
- Furlan Auditorium house size will be reduced to 138.
- Marla Eichmann Studio Theater house size will be reduced to 56.
- Tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the box office window, by phone (262-782-4430) or via email (email@example.com) For now, tickets will not be available online.
- Tickets for individual productions will be sold by designated release date.
- If a patron is ill on the night they hold tickets, we will offer a free exchange for a future show or a refund.
- Designated entrance to building (south doors) and exit (north doors)
- Doors to building will open 30 minutes before show starts. As patrons enter, they will move directly to their reserved seats.
- Patrons will find social distance markings in lobby and hallways with lobby furniture removed.
- The Box Office window, concession counter, and Studio Bar feature plexi-glass barriers.
- Coat check will be closed.
- Ushers will wear gloves and will not touch tickets.
- Programs will be a single-page, recyclable but not reusable, document with full production information available at SunsetPlayhouse.com.
- There will be sanitizing stations in the lobby.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis.
- For now, concessions will not be available. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
- The water fountain, center sink in women’s bathroom, and center urinal will be disabled.
- Due to the danger of doing musicals, 9 to 5 and ELF have been replaced with A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM & A CHRISTMAS STORY.
- Performers will not wear masks during a performance but will maintain as much on-stage social distance as possible within script requirements.
- There will be no intermission for Musical MainStage concerts and SideNotes cabarets.
- Intermission for Furlan Auditorium productions will be lengthened if needed.
- Patrons will exit the theater by row, guided by ushers, starting with the back row and proceed directly to the exit. They may also exit leave via the front south/east exit.
- Unfortunately, post-show lobby gatherings will not be possible.
- Weather permitting, patrons will be able to greet performers outside door #7, the new “stage door.”
- Additional guidelines may be added—or some removed—as the situation evolves.