An After Sunset Studio Production
PSYCHO BEACH PARTY
$15 Reserved seating in the Marla Eichmann Studio Theater
Doors open at 7 PM
Produced by special arrangement with Concord Theatricals for Samuel French
by Charles Busch
Suggested for mature audiences only.
“Gidget”, Frankie and Annette beach party epics, and Hitchcock psychological suspense thrillers such as “Spellbound” and “Marnie” are given a shotgun marriage. Chicklet Forrest, a teenage tomboy, desperately wants to be part of the surf crowd on Malibu Beach in 1962. One thing getting in her way is her unfortunate tendency towards split personalities. Among them is an elderly radio talk show hostess, a male model named Steve and the accounting firm of Edelman and Edelman. Her most dangerous alter ego is a sexually voracious vixen named Ann Bowman who has nothing less than world domination on her mind.
Psycho Beach Party premiered on July 20, 1987 at The Players Theatre, New York City. It was directed by Kenneth Elliott and presented by Theater-in-Limbo, Kenneth Elliott, and Gerald A. Davis. The play was previously presented at the Limbo Lounge.
General Guidelines for Sunset Playhouse Season
- Patrons, volunteers, and staff MUST provide and wear face masks when inside Sunset Playhouse.
- Tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the box office window, by phone (262-782-4430) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For now, tickets will not be available online.
- Tickets for individual productions will be sold by designated release date.
- If a patron is ill on the night they hold tickets, we will offer a free exchange for a future show or a refund.
- Doors to the building will open 30 minutes before the show starts. As patrons enter, they will move directly to their reserved seats.
- Coat check will be closed.
- Programs will be a single-page document.
- There will be sanitizing stations in the lobby.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis.
- For now, concessions will not be available.
- Performers will not wear masks during a performance.
- There will be no intermissions for After Sunset Productions.
- Unfortunately, post-show lobby gatherings will not be possible.
- Additional guidelines may be added—or some removed—as the situation evolves.
Director – Karl Miller
Stage Manager – Christine White
Lighting Designer – Marty Wallner
Wig Designer – Keith R. Smith