Status: W9, Non-Exempt
Sunset Playhouse seeks experienced Stage Managers for Furlan Auditorium Productions. Paid position.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Read the script & attend all production meetings and rehearsals
- Assist the Set Designer with preparation of rehearsal area and coordinate/report prop needs to Props’ Coordinator
- Maintain accurate contact list of all actors and crew
- Assist the Director in creating a healthy, positive, and professional atmosphere during rehearsals
- Hold book for all rehearsals and mark book with all necessary blocking, light, sound, and special effects cues
- Attend and manage all performances of given show completing Sunset Pre/Post Show Checklist
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Sunset Playhouse seeks Box Office Representatives / House Managers immediately. The ideal candidate will be hired and trained as both a Box Office Representative and House Manager.
In the role of Box Office Rep you will be the primary contact for Sunset’s patrons. As the House Manager you will be Sunset’s representative to its patrons and volunteers.
This is a fast-paced job in a fun and rewarding creative work environment. Working primarily afternoons, evenings and/or weekends, the position requires a high level of customer service.
Responsibilities as a Box Office Representative include:
- Act as the main customer service representative for the Ticket Office.
- Process telephone, mail and walk up ticket orders.
- Assist and respond to patrons with information about Theater.
- Perform tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities as a House Manager include:
- Assign the front of house volunteers their positions and train as needed.
- Maintain audience safety and comfort.
- Interact with patrons and volunteers.
- Ensure the bar and concession areas are stocked.
- Make end of night deposit.
- Coordinate with the Stage Manager for running of the show
- Ticket Office and/or sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer and data entry skills
- Basic math skills and cash handling experience
We are interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Theater experience not required.
Email your resume or Sunset Employment Application to Ann Mather at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Box Office Rep / House Manager’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
Sunset Playhouse is currently seeking technicians. Technicians are responsible for the setup and tear down of technical elements used in our Musical MainStage Concert Series, SideNotes Cabaret Series, and guest rentals. Hours are flexible. This position requires someone who can work independently and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of sound and lighting equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb stairs
- Available 3-10 hours per week (hours vary depending on performance schedule)
Interested applicants should email their Sunset Employment Application or resume to Ann Mather at email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Technician Application’ in the subject line of you e-mail.
Sunset Playhouse School for the Arts offers a wide variety of performing arts classes for all ages and all interest levels taught by the area’s top professional teaching artists.
As a growing company we are always looking for experienced, energetic, skilled, teachers to join our organization so that they can be a positive influence in the lives of children ages 3 – 15. We are always growing our teacher pool for future opportunities.
Teachers needed in: drama, improvisation, readers theater, musical theater, preschool theater, play writing, and others.
Experience with directing, teaching music and basic choreography. This individual must have great initiative and organizational skills as well as the ability to adjust curriculum and goals on the fly.
Accepting applications until positions are filled. For questions please call email Erika Navin at firstname.lastname@example.org.