Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with Sunset Playhouse. Please view information below.
Box Office / Front of House Representatives at Sunset Playhouse.
Sunset Playhouse seeks part-time Box Office/Front of House Representatives for our vibrant theater located in Elm Grove, WI. The ideal candidate will be hired and trained as a Box Office Representative or a Front of House Representative or both. Hours will be approximately 5-20 per week based on Sunset performance schedule and your availability. Previous theater experience is not a prerequisite for this position.
In the role of Box Office Representative, you will be the primary contact for Sunset’s patrons. As the Front of House Representative, you will be Sunset’s link to our patrons and volunteers.
Responsibilities as a Box Office Representative include:
- Act as the main customer service representative for the Ticket Office.
- Process telephone, mail, and walk up ticket orders. Other tasks as assigned.
- Assist and respond to patrons with information about our theater.
Responsibilities as a Front of House Representative include:
- Interact with patrons and volunteers and maintain audience safety and comfort.
- Ensure the bar and concession areas are fully-stocked.
- Make end of night deposit.
Preferred Qualifications for Box Office / Front of House Representative:
- Ticket Office and/or sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills preferred
- Computer, data entry, basic math skills, and cash handling and reconciliation experience preferred
- Reliable and prompt
- Theater experience not required, but a love of the arts preferred
We are interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. This would be an ideal position for a student or retired person looking for a part-time position offering approximately 5-15 hours per week, based on your availability. Theater experience is not needed – we will train you. Hourly rate ranges from $9-$10 per hour commensurate with your experience. Depending on your interest and Sunset needs, you may elect to train for either a Front of House Representative or a Box Office Representative, although a willingness to learn both areas is idea.
Email your resume or Sunset Employment Application to Brooke Olson at email@example.com. Please include the words BO/FOH Representative Position in the subject line of your e-mail.
700 Wall Street
Elm Grove, WI 53122
All Stage Management positions for our 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons are currently filled. We are, however, looking to fill volunteer Assistant Stage Manager positions.
Sunset Playhouse seeks 8 experienced Stage Managers (1 per production) for our 8-Furlan Auditorium Shows. Status: W9, Non-Exempt Contractor.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Read the script & attend all production meetings and rehearsals
- Assist the Set Designer with preparation of rehearsal area and coordinate/report prop needs to Props’ Coordinator
- Maintain accurate contact list of all actors and crew
- Assist the Director in creating a healthy, positive, and professional atmosphere during rehearsals
- Hold book for all rehearsals and mark book with all necessary blocking, light, sound, and special effects cues
- Attend and manage all performances of given show completing Sunset Pre/Post Show Checklist
- Manage strike after closing performance of production
Stipend for Stage Manager position ranges from $300-$500 based on show type: play/musical, length of show’s run, and your level of experience.
To place your resume on file for future openings or to apply for a volunteer Assistant Stage Manager position, email your resume or Sunset Employment Application to Brooke Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Stage Manager’ in the subject line of your e-mail.
Sunset Playhouse is currently seeking part-time technicians.
Technicians are responsible for the setup and tear down of technical elements used in our Musical MainStage Concert Series, SideNotes Cabaret Series, and guest rentals. Hours are flexible and vary from week-to-week based on performance schedule and rentals. This position requires someone who is looking for a (very) part-time position and who can work independently and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of sound and lighting equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and climb stairs
- Available 3-10 hours per week (hours vary depending on performance schedule)
Interested applicants should email their Sunset Employment Application or resume to Brooke Olson at email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Technician Application’ in the subject line of you e-mail.
Hourly rate: $9-$10 per hour based on experience
Sunset Playhouse School for the Arts offers a wide variety of performing arts classes for all ages and all interest levels taught by the area’s top professional teaching artists.
As a growing company we are always looking for experienced, energetic, skilled, teachers to join our organization so that they can be a positive influence in the lives of children ages 3 – 15. We are always growing our teacher pool for future opportunities. Part-time, flexible positions
Teachers needed in: acting, improvisation, musical theater, preschool theater, play writing, and others.
Experience with directing and/or teaching students of all ages is requested. This individual must have great initiative and organizational skills as well as the ability to adjust curriculum and goals on the fly.
We are currently accepting applications for future opportunities. For questions please call email Erika Navin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hourly rate: $20-$25 per hour based on experience.