Christine White, who is the Stage Manager of THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES and Sunset’s Office Administrative Assistant, now in the Sunset Spotlight.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I became involved here at Sunset in the Fall of 2016. When I started I was part of the amazing Front of House and Box Office Associate team. Since then, I have also work as the Office Assistant and now the Administrative Assistant.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
Right now I am the Stage Manager for THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES.
3. If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
I can’t pick only one show because it is a tie between these two. My favorite shows that I have done here at Sunset would have to be THE PRODUCERS and MAMMA MIA! A show that I would love to be a part of would be either CHICAGO or MEAN GIRLS.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I enjoy everything here at Sunset, I really do. Since I have been here, I have watched hundreds of volunteers put thousands of hours into all of these amazing shows. With working in the office all the time, I hear everything and I love always hearing all of the positive comments we receive in the box office. It is such a blessing to work in such an amazing theater.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
When I am not at Sunset, I spend as much time as I can with my husband. During those rare moments you can find us either in the woods taking a nice walk, at home playing board games, or on some sort of adventure to “find lunch”.
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
My favorite color is black. My favorite food has to be tacos! My favorite movie is anything Harry Potter related. My go to TV show is always The Office or The Bachelor/ The Bachelorette. My favorite book is BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by B.A. Paris just a great thriller. By far favorite musical is a tie between Chicago (dream to stage manage) or DEAR EVAN HANSEN.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Missy, close your legs, your missing it!”
- Any other comments?
Always follow your dreams. Never let anyone put you down or tell you that you can’t do anything. Always keep your head held high. “You got this!”
Head Shot thanks to Wimmer Photography