CORY KLEIN, who is currently playing everyone’s favorite I.R.S. agent in LOVE, SEX, AND THE I.R.S., now in the Sunset Spotlight.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
My first experience with Sunset was performing in The Addams Family in 2015. I think I’ve been involved with at least one show a season since then.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I’m currently performing as Floyd Spinner in Love, Sex and the I.R.S.
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
I don’t really have a favorite role I’ve played. Each role has brought some measure of joy to me. If pressed, I say my “favorite” role would be Snetsky the Sheep Loser in Neil Simon’s “Fools”. I would love to perform in “Blood Brothers”, “Pippin”, or “Sweeny Todd”.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
The way the sun changes colors through the atmosphere as it falls behind the horizon… Just Kidding. My favorite thing about Sunset is the sense of community and collaboration. I really enjoy the way everyone seems to work together to build a show that is enjoyable for all audiences. I’ve also enjoyed meeting so many different people. There are so many kind and talented people that I’ve met through Sunset. It’s been a lot of fun.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I like to spend my time reading, watching movies, seeing other theatrical productions and traveling when I can. The more I can combine all these, the better!
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
Color – Purple or Blue
Food – Lasagna and tacos. Not necessarily together…
Movie – So many, but The Princess Bride is usually in my top 5
TV Show – The Office, Frasier, Friends, CSI, NCIS
Book – Screwtape Letters, Chronicle of Narnia
Musical/Play – Blood Brothers, Les Miserables, The Play That Goes Wrong
- What is your favorite quote?
Never give up. Keep Trying.
Headshot thanks to Stories Framed Photography