Hanna Esch, who returns to the Sunset stage as the Lady of the Lake in the April production of the Monty Python musical, SPAMALOT, now in the Sunset Spotlight.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I first became involved at Sunset Playhouse in the 2017.18 season when I appeared as Cinderella in Into the Woods. Since then I’ve worked in the Bug in a Rug Productions, After Sunset Studio Series, and Musical Mainstage Concert Series.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I will be playing the Lady of the Lake in Spamalot at the end of April.
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
My favorite role has been playing Veronica Sawyer in Heathers: The Musical as well as voicing Shoshanna in All Arcadians, a short series featured on All In Productions podcast, WAIP. My dream role is a tie between Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray or Maria in The Sound of Music.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I enjoy the community Sunset creates. Everyone who auditions or works on the shows at Sunset does it because they genuinely love theatre and/or the production they are doing. I’ve made so many lifelong friends by auditioning and being in shows at Sunset.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I spend my days working as the Education Coordinator for the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra where I assist in the implementation of all education programs, working closely with teachers and administrators throughout Wisconsin. Outside of the work day, I have recently become a part of a new project titled MKE Arts partnered with four other amazing women. MKE Arts is dedicated to bringing exceptional art to the greater Milwaukee area through education, performance, collaboration, and outreach. When not working, auditioning, or rehearsing for shows, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
My favorite color is green. My favorite book is “Girl Wash Your Face.” I highly suggest it to young females looking to find their path in this world.
- What is your favorite quote?
“Our words have power, but our actions shape our lives.” – Rachel Hollis