Hope Riesterer now in the Sunset Spotlight. Many of you will remember Hope for her portrayal of Sophie Sheridan in MAMMA MIA! or Amber von Tussle in HAIRSPRAY! Up next: the role of Chicklet in PSYCHO BEACH PARTY.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
My freshmen year of college (two years ago), I did a dance workshop with Karl Miller. He told us that he was directing and choreographing Beauty and the Beast at Sunset Playhouse. I wanted to audition just for the experience, but once I auditioned I knew I really wanted to actually be a part of it. That ended up being my first show with Sunset Playhouse. I’ve now been a part of 3 shows here and a fundraiser!
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I am so excited to be playing the challenging role of Chicklet Forrest in Psycho Beach Party as a fundraiser production!
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
My all-time favorite role to date was Sophie in Mamma Mia with Sunset this past fall. I have so many dream roles, but right now I would love to play Zoe in Dear Evan Hanson, Lydia in Beetlejuice, any part in Hadestown, and Lady Macbeth.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I love the community Sunset has created. My experiences here have provided me with so many wonderful friends / family and connections in the theatre world.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I am a musical theatre major at UWM, a worship and arts intern at my church, and love playing coffee shop gigs with some friends of mine!
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
Favorite questions are the hardest, but:
- Color: Red
- Food: Tacos and guacamole
- Movie: Perks of Being a Wallflower or Murder on the Orient Express
- TV show: Schitts Creek or The Politician
- Book: Looking for Alaska or Man’s Search for Meaning
- Musical / play: Oh man, this changes with my mood. Recently I have been listening to a lot of Hadestown and Big Fish.
- What is your favorite quote?
“You are enough”