Katrina Smith in the Sunset Spotlight. Katrina is the Lighting Designer for our Furlan Auditorium Production: ROOM SERVICE which runs Jan. 18 – Feb. 3rd, 2018.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I started working at Sunset in 2012 as a part-time technician. My first mainstage light design was OVER THE TAVERN in the 2013, and I’ve done at least one show per season since then. Some favorites include THE 39 STEPS, YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU, and LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
Lighting designer for ROOM SERVICE
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role?
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
Sunset has become a second home to me over the years. Every show is an opportunity to work with new and familiar friends.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I work full-time as the Production and Facilities Director at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts. I’m also a freelance photographer.
What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
Favorite color – purple
Favorite food – pineapple
Favorite book – Neverwhere
Favorite musical – Cabaret
- What is your favorite quote?
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
- Any other comments?
Thank you for supporting your local community theaters!
Head Shot thanks to Wimmer Photography