Keith R. Smith who is currently playing Paul in BAREFOOT IN THE PARK and was Kodaly in SHE LOVES ME, now in the Sunset Spotlight.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I first became involved in 2017 with LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. I’ve played other roles since, I’ve helped with costume fixes, I’ve been an usher, been in the pit, worked with bug in a rug and the summer school, and some of the New Year’s Eve fundraisers.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I’m playing the role of Paul in BAREFOOT IN THE PARK
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
My favorite role to date has been Mrs. Meers in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE. I would love to play Dr. Pomatter in WAITRESS or Randle McMurphy in ONE FLEW OVER THR CUCKOO’S NEST
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I enjoy the respect that Sunset has for its volunteers and the real sense of community.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I love going to the gym, cuddling my dog, playing/teaching piano, and baking.
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
My favorite color is purple, favorite food is pizza, my favorite movie is DIABOLIQUE, my favorite book is THE HANDMAID’S TALE, and my favorite musical is SWEENEY TODD
- What is your favorite quote?
“Listen. I wish I could tell you it gets better. But, it doesn’t get better. You get better.”—Joan Rivers
- Any other comments?
I’m so grateful for the opportunities I have had and continue to have with Sunset. Break a leg to my fellow cast and crew!
Headshot thanks to Stories Framed Photography