Kerry Hart Bieneman, our multi-talented Musical MainStage music director who recently performed our first outdoor Sundays at Sunset concert: CLASSIC ROCK HITS and who will bring us a December Holiday Concert: ROCKIN’ IN A WINTER WONDERLAND, now in the Sunset Spotlight.
1. When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I first got involved as a performer in March 2012 in the Musical Mainstage show “On the Road Again”. It was so much fun, they let me come back!! Then after a short while, they asked me to Music Direct the entire Musical Mainstage series. I’m so lucky to get to work with these wonderful performers (and of course Susan Loveridge, the MM producer) every year.
2. If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I’m currently working on an upcoming holiday concert – “Rockin’ in a Winter Wonderland”, that we hope to perform twice on Sunday, December 13. I’m also making preparations for our upcoming Musical Mainstage season, along with my own concert in May – “Kerry Sings Carly & Karen”, a concert of two of my favorite artists, Carly Simon & Karen Carpenter, featuring two of my favorite colleagues, Casey Olson & Tim Karth!
3. If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
My favorite role to perform as a singer/actor has been Cathy in “The Last Five Years”. I loved playing piano in “Ragtime”. Dream show – probably “Parade”.
4. What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
Sunset is a family. It’s very welcoming & friendly, and the team there come up with fun and unique ways to introduce people to theatre.
5. When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I’m a professional performer and music director around southeastern Wisconsin. And I’m a mom of 2!
6. What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
Too many to choose from.
7. What is your favorite quote?
I don’t have one. Does that make me lame?
8. Any other comments?
Thank you to Sunset and to all who keep the doors open at Sunset – the patrons!!