Sarah Briana Monahan now in the Sunset Spotlight. ┬áSarah returns to the Sunset stage as Grace Bradley in our holiday show: THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER which opens December 1st and runs through December 23, 2016.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
My first role at Sunset Playhouse was Morticia in THE ADDAMS FAMILY musical in 2015.
- ┬áIf you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role? ┬á
I am currently in rehearsals for Grace Bradley in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever; and I love working with the kids in the show.
- ┬áIf an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role?
My favorite role is Glinda in The Wizard of Oz, because I loved working with the children who played the Munchkins. Top three Bucket List roles: The Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Fiona in Shrek, and any female role in Into the Woods.
- ┬áWhat do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I love the sense of community at Sunset.
- ┬áWhen not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I am a major book worm, a crocheting machine, and a local volunteer.
- ┬áWhat is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
I love the color purple, Mexican food, ÔÇ£The Princess BrideÔÇØ and ÔÇ£The Incredibles,ÔÇØ Michael Crichton books, board games, and dinosaurs.
- ┬áWhat is your favorite quote?
Fred RogersÔÇÖ song, ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs You I LikeÔÇØ gets me every time.
ItÔÇÖs you I like
ItÔÇÖs not the clothes you wear
ItÔÇÖs not the way you do your hair
But itÔÇÖs you I like
The way you are right now
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you
Not your toys-
TheyÔÇÖre just beside you
But itÔÇÖs you I like
Every part of you
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new
I hope that youÔÇÖll remember
Even when youÔÇÖre feeling blue
That itÔÇÖs you I like
ItÔÇÖs you yourself
ItÔÇÖs you, itÔÇÖs you I like
- ┬áAny other comments?
I would like to thank my husband Tim, who has been endlessly supportive during both shows I have participated in at Sunset Playhouse.
Photo thanks to Cilento Photography Studio