Sarah Briana Monahan now in the Sunset Spotlight. Sarah returns to the Sunset stage as Grace Bradley in our holiday show: THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER which opens December 1st and runs through December 23, 2016.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
My first role at Sunset Playhouse was Morticia in THE ADDAMS FAMILY musical in 2015.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I am currently in rehearsals for Grace Bradley in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever; and I love working with the kids in the show.
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role?
My favorite role is Glinda in The Wizard of Oz, because I loved working with the children who played the Munchkins. Top three Bucket List roles: The Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Fiona in Shrek, and any female role in Into the Woods.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I love the sense of community at Sunset.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I am a major book worm, a crocheting machine, and a local volunteer.
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
I love the color purple, Mexican food, The Princess Bride and The Incredibles, Michael Crichton books, board games, and dinosaurs.
- What is your favorite quote?
Fred Rogers’ song, It’s You I Like gets me every time.
It’s you I like
It’s not the clothes you wear
It’s not the way you do your hair
But it’s you I like
The way you are right now
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you
Not your toys-
They’re just beside you
But it’s you I like
Every part of you
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new
I hope that you’ll remember
Even when you’re feeling blue
That it’s you I like
It’s you yourself
It’s you, it’s you I like
- Any other comments?
I would like to thank my husband Tim, who has been endlessly supportive during both shows I have participated in at Sunset Playhouse.
Photo thanks to Cilento Photography Studio