Sarah Havey now in the Sunset Spotlight. Sarah is currently stage managing our next Furlan Auditorium Production: LEADING LADIES which opens June 6th and runs through June 23rd.
1. When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
I first became involved when I stage managed Over the River and Through the Woods at the beginning of the 2017-18 Season. I have since stage managed two other shows at Sunset.
2. If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
I am working as Stage Manager for Leading Ladies.
3. If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role? If a Production Team member, which show have you most enjoyed working on? What show would you like to do in the future?
I most enjoyed working on Over the River and Through the Woods, it was a fun show to stage manage and a great group of actors for my first show with Sunset! I would love to stage manage a musical at Sunset in the future.
4. What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
I most enjoy the people who are so passionate about theatre that they volunteer their time to make the Sunset productions great.
5. When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I work full time in the theatre profession. When I am not at Sunset, I am TD at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy, Assistant Crew Advisor at Arrowhead High School, and working backstage on props or other areas of local professional and educational theaters.
6. What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
I recently discovered my favorite musical – Come From Away. Beyond that, I am a Shakespeare girl down to my soul!
7. What is your favorite quote?
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” –Oscar Wilde
8. Any other comments?
The directors I have worked with at Sunset have been phenomenal! I couldn’t imagine the shows running so well without their passion and creative vision!