Taryn Whipple in the Sunset Spotlight. Taryn returns to the Sunset Studio Theatre with OUR FAVORITE THINGS: A Tribute to Julie Andrews as part of our SideNotes Cabaret Series. December 13 – 17, 2017.
- When did you first become involved at Sunset Playhouse and what areas have you been involved with here at the Playhouse?
My first role at Sunset Playhouse was Kim in BYE BYE BIRDIE in 2001. I played Diana in Sunset’s 2003 production of OF THEE I SING. I’ve performed in the Musical Mainstage series for most seasons since 2012. In 2016, I performed in the SideNotes cabaret series in Our Favorite Things: A Tribute to Julie Andrews. I’m looking forward to next week when we perform it at Sunset again.
- If you are working on a Sunset show right now, what is your role?
Next week I’ll be singing in the SideNotes cabaret series. The show is called Our Favorite Things: A Tribute to Julie Andrews.
- If an actor, what has been your favorite role to date and what is your dream role?
My favorite roles are Nellie in SOUTH PACIFIC and Fiona in BRIGADOON. I would love to play Maria in a staged production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC someday.
- What do you enjoy most about the Sunset?
Sunset brings together amazing people. I’ve met some very dear friends at the theater.
- When not at Sunset, how do you spend your time?
I am a mom! I have three young boys whom I absolutely adore.
- What is your favorite color/food/movie/TV show/book/musical or play?
Favorite movie—Abbott and Costello movies
Favorite tv show—most things on PBS Masterpiece
Favorite book— (religious)The Book of Mormon (secular) The Scarlett Pimpernal
Favorite musical— The Sound of Music
- What is your favorite quote?
“Come what may and love it.” —Joseph B. Wirthlin
- Any other comments?
I’m so thrilled to be doing the Julie Andrews cabaret at Sunset again. It’s my dream show. I can’t thank Peggy Peterson-Ryan enough for writing it and directing it.