Global Plasma Solutions – Sunset Playhouse
Thanks to a very generous donor, Sunset has installed a new Global Plasma Solution’s Bipolar Ionization System throughout the building to make it even safer to work, volunteer, perform, or attend shows at the Playhouse. This system kills pathogens, reduces airborne particles, neutralizes odors, and saves energy. To date, we are one of the few theaters in the state to install this powerful system.
Sunset COVID-19 Guidelines
Sunset Playhouse has created extensive Guidelines for the safety of our patrons, performers, volunteers, students, and staff. These guidelines are subject to change.
Thank you for reviewing the information below. We believe that, upon reflection, you will make a personal decision as to whether the time is right for you to return to the Playhouse. Please know that we respect whatever decision you make, just as we know you will respect our decision to move forward with care.
Sunset understands that the decision to have a COVID vaccine is a personal one. For the safety of Sunset patrons, volunteers, performers, production teams, crews, students, and staff, we encourage you to seriously consider being fully vaccinated before return to Sunset.
General Guidelines/Information for
Patrons, Volunteers, Performers & Staff
- If you are FULLY VACCINATED, masks are NOT required. However, based on CDC recommendations, patrons, volunteers, production teams, crews, and staff are STRONGLY encouraged to wear a mask when visiting Sunset.
- If you are NOT FULLY VACCINATED, masks ARE REQUIRED when visiting Sunset (unless medical or religious exemption)
- Our 2021-22 Season will offer full-capacity seating.
- Tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the box office, by phone (262-782-4430), or online based on our Single Ticket Release Schedule.
- Patron Volunteers, Performers, and Staff are asked to stay home if not feeling well.
- Coat check is not available.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations in the lobby please use before entering the theater. Frequent use of hand sanitizer as well as frequent hand-washing recommended for all.
- Auditions for plays will be by appointment only in groups no larger than 10 – sign up at SunsetPlayhouse.com.
All children and adults who are auditioning for a Sunset production or are members of a show’s production team will be asked to show proof of a COVID19 vaccination. If you are not vaccinated or did not bring proof of vaccination, you will need to wear a mask while auditioning. If you are vaccinated, wearing a mask will be your decision but is highly suggested.
- Rehearsals – At the first rehearsal, if you did not provide proof of your COVID19 vaccination at auditions, please show it to Brooke Olson or the production Stage Manager prior to entering the rehearsal hall. If you are not vaccinated, you will need to wear a mask at all rehearsals. If you are vaccinated, wearing a mask will be your decision but is highly suggested.
- Performances – Masks will not be worn during performances. If you are not vaccinated you will need to provide the production Stage Manager a weekly negative COVID19 test result taken no more than 72 hours before the first dress rehearsal and again, no more than 72 hours prior to the first performance of each week in a show’s run. You will be responsible for the costs of these tests. Assuming a negative test result, a mask will not be required for unvaccinated actors on stage during performances, but will be required before/after all performances. These protocols apply to both children and adults and are subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
COVID-19 Exposure during rehearsals / performances
- Quarantine length if test positive for COVID-19 – 7-10 Days
- Quarantine may end after 7 days if the individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 has not developed any symptoms and has a negative COVID-19 test result on day 6 or 7 of quarantine.
- Quarantine will end after 10 days if the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 does not get a test on day 6 or 7. Individual may return on day 11.
COVID-19 Exposure during rehearsals / performances
- Quarantine is NOT required for an individual who has been within 6 ft. of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for a cumulative total of 15 mins or more over a 24-hour period if:
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated and experiencing no symptoms.
- Individuals were diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 3 months and experiencing no symptoms.
- Individuals are not vaccinated and have provided Sunset with a negative COVID-19 test result taken after 72 hours of initial exposure.
- Individuals who become symptomatic during the 5-days following initial exposure, will be excluded from rehearsals/performances for 7-days with a negative COVID19 test result or 10-days without a test.
- Masks will be required for all participants during rehearsals for 7 days following exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual involved in the production.
Additional guidelines may be added—or some removed—as the situation evolves.
All in-person classes will have a maximum enrollment of ten students.
- Students and staff will be required to wear proper face masks at all times.
- Students will only have exposure to their assigned class and instructor(s).
- Parents or other caregivers will not be allowed in the building.
- Classes will be held in our large rehearsal hall and Studio Theater.
- Classroom spaces will be cleaned and disinfected in between sessions and nightly.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in each classroom and all public spaces.
- Frequent hand washing will be implemented.
- Students will be provided individual supplies for each class. Student groups will not be intermingled.
- Weather permitting, we may conduct classes outdoors.
- Final presentations will be shared on the final day of camp during the last minutes of the scheduled camp time (exact time to be determined based on the showcase length). Each student will have the ability to invite a pre-determined number of people to the showcase (approximately 2 – 4 people). This number will be determined based on current regulations at the time of the showcase.
- If a student starts to feel ill during class, they will immediately be separated from group and parents called for pick-up.
- In the event that we do not feel it is safe to carry out in-person classes, we reserve the right to cancel or move them to a virtual platform.
- Additional guidelines may be added, or some removed, as the situation evolves.
Entertainment returns to Sunset!
We believe that the arts are more important than ever and we are excited to once again offering entertainment options for our patrons, performance opportunities for our actors, volunteer activities for those ready to be busy again, and meaningful employment for our staff.