Dear Sunset Patrons,
Sunset Playhouse has created extensive pandemic guidelines for the safety of our patrons, performers, volunteers, students, and staff. Over the past two years, these have been routinely modified based on CDC recommendations, along with our desire to ensure the safety of everyone who visits or works in our building.
Given the current rapid spread of COVID due to the highly-contagious Omicron strain, we have decided it is time to adapt once again.
Starting January 5, 2022 Sunset will return, for now, to a policy that requires all patrons be masked when attending a Sunset show or School for the Arts class.
Please review the Covid Guidelines Update specifics below:
- Regardless of vaccine status, patrons will be required to wear masks while attending a Sunset performance or School for the Arts class.
- Sunset will have masks available at the door for those who do not have one.
- Our Playhouse actors will be fully vaccinated and will only remove their masks during performance.
- Patrons may remove masks while actively eating or drinking but will otherwise keep them in place while in the building and during all performances.
- Those in attendance who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave.
- Under the rare circumstance in which mask-wearing is a health issue, please provide box office staff with physician confirmation.
- Should a patron choose not to attend a show given the current mask requirement, the theater, upon request, will provide a voucher for a future 2021-22 production.
We understand that this policy change will result in both positive and negative responses. Upon reflection, only you can make the personal decision as to whether or not you are willing to wear a mask in order to attend one of our wonderful Sunset performances. Please know that we respect whatever decision you make, just as we know you will respect our decision to reinstate our mask-required policy at this time. As always, we will this policy is subject to change.